Monday, October 24, 2011

overtheyears

Welcome, my hommies! This week ends with overtheyears. Once more, no caps or spaces. :) This song falls into the category of sweet, slow(ish) songs. I do remember saying slow songs need to have a sped up part mixed in, but I take that back. Because this is a slow song which I find almost perfect. The instruments are piano (which opens up the song), I think violins(I just know it's a string instrument) and I also think an ocean sound. There could be more instruments but I can't find any websites that tell me them. Well, bleh. Ha, this song opens with piano as I said previously. Chris's voice overlaps like it did in "lover love liar lie". Back-up vocals start at "Remind you mom to call me I still care". They are like, Ahh (Ahh is the sound they make not Ahh its amazing or such). The lyrics are quite sweet if I do say so myself. :) In my opinion, I think they are about Chris changing and bringing a girl he cares about, well, down. He must have lost he trust or lost a friendship between her and him since it states "I'm right there too. Through the good times, the bad ones too". Something was arranged between them, because he will not dare to disagree with the life she arranged, as he states. After the last line, there is a long instrumental part for the rest of the song. Which is when the ocean sound or something comes into play. overtheyears is about a lost friendship, or possible more(Well, to me it is). If you are feeling down, and missing someone you care for, give this song a listen. Or if you just are in a mood for a slow, soft, and beautiful song this is a great choice. So all together, I'd give overtheyears, 4.5/5 moons. Catch you beauties later! Oh and I apologize that this review is so short....with such few lyrics i can't do too much, But no excuses! Next ones will be longer, my promise. ~peace to you, kate

No comments:

Post a Comment